May 11, 2015
1. Stop eating 12 hours from the time you wake up: For example, if you wake up at 7 am every morning, do not eat past 7 pm. In order for your food to digest properly, your stomach needs 12 hours with no food.
2. Floss your teeth: Flossing your teeth exceedingly reduces the likelihood that you will eat anything again before bed. Make it a habit to floss your teeth right after dinner.
3. Don’t drink your calories: Drinking empty calories from a sugary drink adds zero nutritional value. Drink one can of soda everyday and you have added a hypothetical 15 lbs in one year. Same goes for having a beer.
4. Have a large breakfast: If you want to lose weight 200% faster, eat half your calories for breakfast and make dinner the smallest meal of the day. It is important to eat the right foods at the right times. Eating more food at breakfast will help you eat less later in the day.
5. Drink lots of water: Besides weight loss and good looking skin, there are many reasons to drink water. If your pee is clear, you are hydrated. If your pee is yellow, you need to drink more water. Tip: Drink an 8 ounce glass of water before a meal to feel full quicker.
6. Make Sunday food prep day: Use Sunday to plan and make your meals for the up coming week. Put half the meals in the freezer and the other half in the refrigerator. Set yourself up for success!
7. Work out in the morning: Exercising first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) will boost your metabolism for hour. You will also burn more fat in the morning compared to waiting til after work.
8. Write down everything you eat: Keep a food journal. Ya ya ya, you’ve heard this before. We all have. It’s always easier said than done. However, if you can keep a food journal, it’s almost guaranteed that you will lose more weight. Below is an example that you can download and get started using right away.
9. Gets lots of sex: Having sex will burn 150+ calories in 30 minutes. If you are the woman on top, you can burn 200+ calories in 30 minutes.
10. Exercise during commercials: The average American watches more than 4 hours of TV per day. A 65-year yr. old has spent 9 years watching tv. During a one hour episode there are at least 20 + minutes of commercials. You can easily get in a great workout. Here is a killer 10 minute ab workout that you can do anywhere.
11. Visualize your new body: Imagine what the NEW YOU looks like and how you feel in your new body. What size pants are you buying? How does it feels to chase the kids around the yard? What is it worth to make the new you a reality?
Check out this very cool body visualizer from bodyvisualizer.com. It has options for both male and female.
12. Swear off fad diets: Have you ever gone off a diet and gained more weight than when you started? Fad diets are not designed for long term success. They also destroy your metabolism. One diet your starving yourself and another one recommends not eating an entire food group. When your’re done, your body has adjusted to the low calories. What do you think will happen next?
13. Start today: A healthier lifestyle does not have to wait until Monday. Remember you do not have the diet mentality and you are wanting healthier more active lifestyle. Make a decision and start today!
14. Record your weight weekly: If you weigh yourself regularly and record your progress, you are more likely to lose weight. Don’t get caught up in the day to day of the numbers. It’s only natural that your weight will fluctuate over a 24 hour period.
15. Get out of the DIET mentality: Within 2 years, 94% of dieters regain their weight and after 5 years it goes up to 98%. The first three letters of the word diet are DIE… don’t do it.
16. Take before and after pictures: In addition to taking before and after pictures, take pictures of your progress weekly. Great motivation for when you might have a bad day, you can look at where you started and the progress you have made. Tips on taking the best “before” and “after” pictures.
17. Have a friendly side bet: Betting money can be a great motivator to lose weight. Regardless of who you place a bet with, it can be a good way to start dropping the pounds. Get family and friends involved and lose weight together.
18. Eat eggs: Eggs are low in calories, have lots of protein and will keep you full longer. Eggs are said to be one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. If you like to eat hard boiled eggs but hate peeling the egg, check out this video and learn how to peel hard-boiled eggs without peeling.
19. Get at least 7 hours of sleep: If you are tired you are more likely to eat more and not workout. Lack of sleep changes the hormone levels in your body that tell you you’re hungry and affects muscle development. If you had fun the night before and didn’t get any sleep, your body will pay for it the next day by burning 20% fewer calories throughout the day. Get more sleep and you will lose more weight.
20. Drink skim milk: Instead of drinking whole milk, you can cut your calories in half by drinking skim milk. Each reduction in milk % will reduce your calories by 20% and the fat by 95+%. The advantages of skim milk: contains protein, vitamins, minerals, and almost no fat.
21. Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up: Unfortunately, many people start off their morning with an empty stomach. Your metabolism is it’s fastest within 30 minutes of waking up. Eat something first thing in the morning and give your body the jumps start it needs for the day. If you eat breakfast, you have a greater chance of losing weight and maintaining your losses.
22. Have a cheat day: Eating clean for 6 days and have a couple cheat meals on the 7th day can improve your body. Don’t buy more treat food than you can eat in one day.
23. Don’t skip meals: Besides hunger pains and lack of energy, your metabolism will stay low because it doesn’t know when it will eat again. Hunger pains can be avoided by eating smaller meals more frequently during the first 12 hours you are awake. Try not to eat after 7:00 pm.
24. Spice up your food: Spices such as cayenne pepper and chili pepper have metabolism boosting effects and taste great. Adding spices to chicken will help improve the taste and add no additional fat. You can also add salsa to eggs. Spices help decrease the number of calroies you will eat throughout the day.
25. Stand up: Compared to sitting, you burn calories 150% faster when you are standing. A recent survey concluded that most of us sit on our butts about 12 hours per day looking a screen (tv and computer). If you sleep 7 hours and sit for 12, you are doing nothing for 19 hours of the day.
26. Get a partner involved: You are 200% more likely to lose weight, if you take the journey with someone else. Get your wife, husband, kids, and friends involved and share the journey together.
27. Sit up straight (start now): Because you are working a little harder to maintain your posture, you will burn additional calories and improve your core strength. Your posture is also viewed by others as your body language and will affect how others view you.
28. Get a hobby: If food was your only source of pleasure, make sure to reconnect with other things you enjoy — music, sports, volunteer work or movies, for example. Boredom is the biggest reason for over eating. A hobby will keep you busy burning calories and you will not have time to be bored.
29. Have a smoothie: Drinking smoothies will help you save on calories and feel full. If you like the taste of peanut butter, try adding one teaspoon of PB2. Tip: Rinse out the blender right away and you will not have to scrub it later.
5 must have smoothie ingredients: Banana, frozen berries, skim milk (almond milk), protein powder, and teaspoon of flax seed.
30. Avoid stress: Might seem easier said than done but too much stress usually leads to overeating. Yoga can be a good stress reliever and will bring you back in to balance when your life is getting a little stressful. Check out these 4 yoga poses to reduce belly fat and relieve stress.
31. Exercise while watching tv: Instead of just the commercials, exercise during your favorite television show. Walking on a treadmill or riding an exercise bike are great exercises that you can do for 30 or 60 minutes and get a great workout.
32. Have something sweet every day: Eating one small piece of chocolate per day will satisfy your cravings and keep you from eating an entire box of cookies. Dark chocolate is nutritious and a great source of antioxidants. In small amounts, it’s good for you!
33. No diet soda: Drinking diet soda will not help you lose weight. People who eat or drink “diet” foods might be more likely to overeat. Your body is “tricked” into thinking it is eating sugar, and the end result is you crave more. In the end, you are doing more harm than good.
34. Buy a pair of workout shoes: You are 3X more likely to start exercising.
35. Take a nap: If you have the munchies and a craving for junk food, try taking a nap. After you wake, you will feel rested and the cravings will have passed.
36. Read food labels: Food labels will make it easier for you to choose healthy foods. Avoid foods with more than 4g of sugar, and especially foods with high fructose corn syrup.
37. Do not eat after 7 pm: You are more likely to eat unhealthy food choices and less likely to have a good nights sleep. In order for your food to digest properly, your stomach needs 12 hours with no food.
38. Form a group of like minded people with the same goal: You are what you hang around. If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you! Surround yourself with other healthy and positive people who have the same goals in mind. This will give you a support system and others to also hold you accountable. Power in numbers!
39. Set up “Success Reminders” to go off on your cell phone: There are a lot of high tech gadgets out there, like the fitbit, to get you moving and record every step along the way.
40. Think yourself thin: The will power to lose weight or not has everything to with your thinking. If you think you are defeated before you start, you are right! Carry a gallon of milk (8 pounds) and imagine that weight coming off. Are you able to think yourself thin?
41. Eat all food goups: For optimal health, make sure you are eating all food groups. You will begin to learn all the foods that you can eat and how good they taste. It is not recommended to stop eating entire food groups. Eat the right foods and eat as much of them as you want. There is no “DIEt” mentality in having an abundance of the right foods.
42. No fried foods: Fried foods may taste good but they are NOT healthy. Fried foods like french fries and onion rings have very little nutritional value.
43. Get most of your calories before noon: If you eat more in the mornings, you are less likely to over eat at night. Your body will also have time to burn off the extra morning calories throughout the day. Getting the majority of your calories before noon will keep you full throughout the day and you will lose weight.
44. Clean out your cupboards: Make sure to clean out the refrigerator and the cupboards from all unhealthy food options. Avoid temptation from the beginning ans set yourself up for success. Click here to download a 1 page grocery list of the basic foods to keep in your pantry.
45. Eat at the same times every day: Our bodies like schedules. You are less likely to cheat if you know when your next meal is coming.
46. Use chopsticks: Using chopsticks will force you to slow down and pay attention to what and how much you are actually eating. It will take you longer to eat a meal with chopsticks and you will find the food taste better when you take the time to eat. Chopsticks will force you to slow down and take that time. Try it a couple nights per week.
47. Buy organic: If foods display a USDA Organic label, it means it is produced and processed according to the standards of USDA. The USDA Organic Seal is voluntary, and most organic growers use it. Buying organic foods will ensure that you avoid pesticides and additives and you help preserve the environment!
48. Eat 25 to 50 grams of fiber a day: Women should get at least 25 g. of fiber per day and men want to get at least 38 g. Eating foods high in fiber can help with additional weight loss.
49. Put healthy food on display: Have healthy options in reach at all times. If it is on display in your home, it also fresh in your mind. Developing good habits takes practice. Making it easy to succeed is good practice for developing good eating habits.
50. Eat all the colors of the rainbow: Make sure to have at least one colored fruit or vegetable with your meal. If applicable, eat the skins on the fruit and vegetables. The skins hold all the antioxidants.
51. Apple cider vinegar: Before a meal, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and it will help with any feelings of hunger pains. It will also helps trigger hydrochloric acid and will break down the food in our bodies. Celebrities like Heidi Klum and Megan Fox have used it to lose weight.
52. Get a massage: Losing weight and a healthy lifestyle is about feeling good. If you are exercising regularly, your muscles may be fatigued and sore. Massages not only feel good and speed up the recovery process, they will improve your overall performance, reduce stress, and increase your metabolism.
53. Instead of drinking fruit juice, eat fruit: There are 656 calories in one box of kid’s apple juice. Instead of drinking 650+ calories, you can eat an 2 oranges, apple, and huge slice of watermelon.
Apple Juice Box – Kid’s Size
54.Wear fitted clothes: When you wear fitted clothes, you will look thinner and will be able to notice if you gain a few pounds. Wearing baggy clothes hides your body and can make it hard to judge how you are doing.
55. Cook more meals at home: Cooking at home allows you to use more whole foods and save money. People that cook at home are more likely to eat healthier. Get good at making a few recipes that you can eat throughout the week. Use Sunday to plan and make your meals for the up coming week.
56. Beware of “fat-free”: Foods that are labeled as fat free or zero trans fat foods are likely to have lots of added salt, sugar, or flour. If all the fat is taken out of a food, a lot of the taste is also gone.
57. Going to a gym is not a prerequisite for losing weight: Go for a 45 minute walk, do a yoga video on Youtube, start jogging, or rake the leaves. All will increase your heart rate and get you burning calories.
58. Sugarless chewing gum can suppress your appetite: Chewing gum will act as an appetite suppressant and will help reduce the urge to snack. It does not have a lot of nutritional value but it is better than a snickers candy bar.
59. Foods with healthy fats help you feel satisfied: Food such as salmon, walnuts, and avocados can curb your appetite and decrease the number of calories you consume during the day.
60. Skip the bread: Bread adds too many extra calories. Instead of using bread, use lettuce. Lettuce will give you extra nutrients, less carbs, and the extra “crunch” when you bite.
61. Have cereal for breakfast (6 days/week): People who eat cereal for breakfast are less likely to be overweight, less likely to have diabetes, get more fiber, and less fat than those who eat other than cereal for breakfast. Some good choices for breakfast cereals include: Total, Grape Nuts, and of course good old fashioned oatmeal.
62. Eat Oat Bran: There are many benefits of eating oat bran. Oat bran is one of the healthiest breakfast foods you can eat. It contains fiber and will help void off the hunger cravings during the day.
63. Add peanut butter to your toast: Start using peanut butter on your toast, instead of butter. Peanut butter is a great source of protein and a great way to reducing your risk for heart disease. The more peanuts you eat, the less likely your chances heart disease.
64. Don’t buy processed foods: Processed foods are foods that have been packaged in a box, bag, or can. Artificial colors, flavors, and the need for a long shelf life, usually suggests the food has been chemically altered in some way. Instead, eat “whole” foods.
65. Replace your “guilty snacks” with smarter choices: A great instant weight loss tips is to replace cravings with a healthy alternative. If I am craving something chocolate (and I’ve already had a snack for the day), I will make a chocolate protein shake. EAS has a great protein powder that won’t break the bank. Snacking once or twice a day will help you subside hunger pains and keep your metabolism going. Trail mix is another snack you can make in bulk and portion into ziplock bags.
66. Eat in front of mirror: Eat in front of mirrors and you’ll lose weight. One study found that eating in front of mirrors slashed the amount people ate by nearly one-third.
67. Serve directly from the stove: Leave serving dishes on the stove instead of at the dining table and you’ll eat 10 percent less. Eating from a large container and you will eat more than 50% more.
68. 80/20 rule: Take the 80/20 approach to eating. Eat 80% of things that grow and 20% things that walk. To make this more permanent and long tern, eat natural 80% of the time and allow 20% for things like a cheat day, traveling, dinner with mom and dad Tuesday night.
69. Avoid white foods: Carbs from sugar and flour can impact your blood sugar levels and cause you to gain weight. Don’t eat: sugar, flour, and white rice. Eat instead lots of whole grain bread and brown rice. Here are 10 Natural Starchy Carbs and Whole Grains for Fat Loss. White potatoes do appear on this list. Other than that, you should be good.
70. Eat turkey: Protein is good for your body and lean protein such as turkey helps your body stay full longer. You can also eat free range chicken and lots of fish.
71. Plan meals ahead of time: If you plan meals ahead of time you are less likely to be tempted to eat something unhealthy because it is the only food available or you are pressed for time. Use Sunday to plan and make your meals for the up coming week.
72. Put your fork or spoon down between bites: At the table, sip water frequently. Your brain lags your stomach by about 20 minutes when it comes to fullness signals. If you eat slow, your brain will catch up to tell you that you no longer need food.
73. Don’t overdo healthy foods: People eat a healthy food and they tend to overeat. There is a point when healthy stops being healthy. Keep it out of the house. If you want to eat it on a “free day”, only buy it on that day and only enough for that day.
74. Eat from smaller plates: Try eating from a 9 inch plate and you will feel the same fullness and eat less calories. Dish size has increased 22% sine 1960.
75. Join an online forum: If you share your goals with an group of people, it’s harder to quit. Here is one online weight loss forum to get you going in the right direction.
76. Have a bowl of vegetable soup before lunch: If you have a bowl of soup before a meal, you will eat about 20% less calories during lunch. If you do, you will consume less calories and not be hungry. Obviously you will wan to eat a low calorie soup.
77. Make your own vinaigrette: Store bought salad dressings are loaded unnecessary calories. You can make your own vinaigrette. Store it in a spray bottle and spray your greens without adding too much dressing to them.
78. Don’t toss the skins: When eating apples or using them for cooking, don’t throw away the apple skins. Apple skins have fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and might reduce the risk of getting certain types of cancer.
79. Opt for peanut butter instead of cream cheese or butter: Peanut butter is packed with nutrients and healthy fats. If you need a quick boost of energy, each a small table spoon of peanut butter. Make sure you are buying the right kind of peanut butter.
80. Replace regular pasta noodles with whole wheat pasta noodles: Whole grain pasta has not been through the refining process and has more nutrients. It will also help build stronger bones and improve digestive health.
81. Eat a fiber filled apple before a meal to help you feel full faster: Apples are loaded with fiber and have an enzyme called pectin. Pectin acts as a natural appetite suppressant. Like drinking a glass of water, eating an apple before a meal will help you feel full faster.
82. Use a dash of cinnamon to give fruits a dessert taste without the sugar: Cinnamon has many health benefits. Sugar is the enemy and will not help you lose weight. Instead, get the same sweet taste using cinnamon and not all the harmful effects of sugar.
83. Eat slower: While growing up, did your mom ever tell you that you were eating too fast? eating too fast. When eating, it takes about 15 minutes for your brain to receive the clues that you are full. If you rush your eating, your body won’t receive the message that it is full until after you have had too much to eat. Take at least 15 minutes to eat a meal.
84. Avoid artificial sweeteners: Even though they have no calories, they will actually increase sugar cravings. It has also been said that artificial sweeteners can cause bloating.
85. Consume protein with every meal or snack: Protein provides energy and keeps you feeling fuller longer. You can indulge on most good protein choices and shouldn’t feel like you are dieting.
86. Swap mustard for mayonnaise on a sandwich: Saves 85 calories.
87. Eat Edamame: Edamame or soy beans are a great low-cost snack with lots of nutrients. Look for them in the frozen foods section at the grocery store.
88. Turn off the tv: If you eat while you watch tv, you can eat almost 50% more than usual. Distractions while eating will cause you to eat more 100% of the time. Eat your meal with no distractions and then go back to what you are doing.
89. Cut down on alcohol: One drink can add 300+ calories and provide no nutritional value. Limit the consumption of alcohol to your “free day” or switch to wine or light beers. Instead of one drink consisting of 300 calories, you can have three drinks; each with 100 calories.
90. Silken tofu: Tofu makes a great replacement for cream. Organic Silken Tofu is great for replacing eggs and dairy and taste great in a smoothie. Healthy smoothie recipes are great for breakfast and snacks.
91. Eat citrus 2 X everyday: Fruit has no fat and is most all water. The more fruit you eat, the less room you will have higher calorie food. Fruit has a lot of fiber and contains the good carbs needed for your body.
92. Eat fruits and vegetables that are in season: They will taste the best and you are will enjoy them more. Support the local farmers market and buy organic. Not only will the fruit taste the best, it will be the best for you. Find local farmers’ markets in your city.
93. Eat every three to five hours: Going past 3-5 hours without eating will start hunger pains and increases the chances that you will overeat when you finally do eat again..
94. Take advantage of your morning coffee: Having a morning coffee (12-20 oz) before going to the gym and you will be able to exercise harder and longer. The effects may decrease over time if this is done regularly. Do this a couple of times per week for workouts the need the extra boost.
95. No trendy coffee drinks: Drink coffee that is 100% coffee. Not a fancy coffee drink with whole milk, sugar, syrup, and whipped cream on top. This adds up to several hundreds of calories that you do not need If you do need something added to your coffee, add a little skim milk.
96. Induldge on the weekends: Do all the hard work Monday through Friday and relax a little on the weekends. Eat some pizza and have a beer but have a plan to get back on track come Monday. Grilling tip: Add some olive oil and finely chopped onions to a burger or turkey burger, to enhance its juiciness.
97. Avocados can be your secret weight loss partners: Avocados are high in fiber and healthy fats. You can add them to a blender or cut them in slices for a sandwich.
98. Eat snacks from small bowls: Never eat any snack out of the box or bag you bought it in. If you separate snacks into individual servings, you are less likely to overeat.
99. Bring your own lunch: Brown bag it. Pack your lunch at home and bring it into the office with you. You will only pack what you want and nothing will be a surprise at lunch time.
100. Make your own popsicles: Summer is almost here! For a delicious and low calorie treat, make a smoothie and freeze in popsicle molds. You can also freeze grapes for a quick treat.
101. Decode your dishes: The color of the plate may help you eat less calories. If you want to eat less calories, eat from a red plate. To set yourself up for best success, eat from a red plate that 9 .5″ in diameter.
102. When finished eating, put the food away: After you are done eating, put the food away. Also before you start eating you can out the food away. This will help avoid any temptation to get seconds.
103. Try baking apple slices: They are a healthy option to greasy potato chips. Unlike sauces that are packed with sugar and salt and lots of calories, natural applesauce makes an excellent dip.
104. Hummus makes a great replacement for ranch dressing and creamy dips. Use a vegetable bean dip such as hummus instead of ranch dressing or a fatty cream-based dip. There are many benefits of hummus.
105. Avoid salt: Salt causes bloating and increased blood pressure. Salt is also hidden in the food we purchase. Remember to check the nutrition labels and stay away from foods with more than 125+ mg per serving. Instead of using salt, flavor foods with vegetables and herbs. You can also use so favor foods with fresh herbs, and vegetables instead. Cayenne pepper also makes a great alternative.
106. Choose snacks with water: Great snacks to eat are oranges, lettuce, cucumbers, watermelon, and tomatoes, The extra water in the foods will fill you up and keep you from eating additional calories. Remember to consult your physician and dietitian for healthy instant weight loss tips.
107. Eat beans: Beans contain a lot of protein and fiber and are also good for digestion. They can be used in so many ways and are very affordable. There are a lot of good reasons to eat beans.
108. Tonight’s dinner is tomorrow’s lunch: Wrap your healthy dinner in a whole wheat tortilla wrap or lettuce wrap and make a lean lunch. Add some chili powder or mustard for additional flavor.
109. Leave something behind when you eat out: The portions are bigger and the meal is prepared a lot more unhealthy than had you prepared the same meal at home.
110. Pack half your plate with vegetables: You will still get enough fiber and the vitamins and minerals you need and still have the other half of the plate for what you crave. You will save a lot of calories and feel satisfied.
111. Make eating a social event: Do not eat in front of the tv or computer. By eating with a group, you cut down on the amount of food you eat. Eating in front of the tv makes you fat.
112. Take a 60-second break half way through your meal: Take this time to determine if you are still hungry before starting to eat again. It takes your brain 15 minutes to realize it’s full or not. Most people eat too fast and eat too much before their brain realizes it’s full. Eat slow and it allows your brain to send you the signals that you are full.
113. Do your grocery shopping with a list: Also, don’t go hungry when you go shopping. Out of milk is a shopping list app that works on both android and ios.
114. Eat quinoa: Quinoa is a whole grain that is very easy to cook and taste great with vegetables. Whole grains are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber to keep you fuller longer.
115. Travel with snacks: Snack packs can be made countless number of ways and include nuts, fruits, and vegetables. They are easy to take with you and can keep you from make bad food decisions.
116. Ziplock bags are your friend: And a secret to weight loss. You can pre portion snacks and take them with you anywhere. They are work great for buying in bulk and saving as individual servings.
117. Cut back on salt: After a few weeks of cutting back on salt, you will be able to better taste the foods natural salt and won’t have the craving to add additional salt. Fast food is salty food.
118. If you have an office job: Know where the healthiest places to get lunch are located. You can look up their menus online and know ahead of time the healthiest choices.
119. Stuck at a desk all day: Take a 5 minute walk every couple of hours. This gets the blood flowing to all parts of the body including the brain and can be great for productivity. Because you are already thinking about your next walk, you will be less likely to reach for snacks.
120. Save 250 calories from a restaurant burger: Leave off the mayo and cheese and only eat the bottom bun.
121. Eat before a party or event: Don’t arrive at a big event hungry. You will be 2.5X more likely to overeat bad foods. If you are going to a pot luck, bring a healthy dish. You’re guaranteed there will be at least one dish there you can eat – yours.
122. At a restaurant, order without looking at the menu: Every restaurant should have the basics: whole grains, vegetables, and a protein. If you go in knowing how to order, you will be able to have a healthy meal. Here are 20 tricks to eating healthy while eating out.
123. Order the smallest portion of everything: If you are going to go to subway, get a 6 inch sub. If you’re going to the movies and you have to have popcorn, order a small. If you order and eat a 6 inch sub you will feel the same fullness as if you had a 12 inch sub.
124. When dining at a restaurant, have the server hold the chips and salsa, bread, or anything they might serve before the meal: If you are hungry, what do you think might happen?
125. Make salad the appetizer: Most appetizers are fried and come with dipping sauces that are also loaded in calories. If you saved eating out for a “free day”, have fun and enjoy. You have your plan in action and know exactly what you are doing the next day.
126. Use a reusable glass water bottle: Use a water throughout the day to make sure you stay properly hydrated. For a healthier alternative to plastic water bottles, try glass water bottles. Plastic water bottles are hard to clean and may leak chemicals from the plastic.
127. Drink green tea: Drinking green tea will help boost your metabolism. Green tea can speed up weight loss and is full of antioxidants to help you lose more weight.
128. Workout at least 3 times per week: You do not have to go to a gym to get a good workout. There are a lot of exercises that you can do in the comfort of your home. Do 30 second sets of squats, push ups, burpees, and planks. Here is a killer 10 minute ab workout that you can do anywhere.
129. Walk 45 minutes a day: Go for a 3 mile walk and burn an additional 300 calories. Do that for a month and you can lose an additional 2 pounds. Do that for a year and lose and additional 25 pounds.
130. For a pre workout boost: Eat a plain Greek yogurt and add berries.
131. Exercise your largest muscle groups: If you want to burn more calories in less time (who doesn’t), make sure to exercise the lower body. The larger muscles in your body take more time in recovery and thus you will burn more calories. Here is a workout that will blast your entire lower body and you can do right at home.
132. Buy a pedometer: Pedometers work great to estimate the total distance traveled by foot and record the number of steps you take. There are many advantages of using a pedometer.
133. Do interval training: Most of the rewards of working out come after you are done exercising. If you perform intense interval training, your body will burn calories long after you are done training.
134. Increase your intensity: How do you know if you are having an “intense” workout? Your heart rate should be between 75-85% of your maximum heart rate (mhr). To find your mhr, you can also subtract your age from 220. If you are 28 years old your mhr is 192 (220-28=192). Make sure to consult a physician before starting any exercise regimens.
135. Do yoga: Doing yoga will help you reduce stress and improve your flexibility and balance. An hour of yoga can burn more than 300 calories.
136. Use resistance bands: Resistance bands are a great at home exercise option for strength training. Compared to a room full of dumbbells, using and storing resistance bands is easy and they are very affordable.
137. Take a short walk before lunch and dinner: After a little exercise, you will be less likely to want something unhealthy.
138. Don’t get bored with the same workout: Keep your workouts new and exciting. If you find yourself getting bored with what you are doing, find something different to try. Here is a lost of 101 bodyweight exercises that you can do anywhere.
139. Donate old clothes: As an incentive to keep on track, donate all your old clothes that don’t fit. Knowing those clothes are no longer in your home is additional incentive to stay on track.
140. Talk/think positive: Each time you think “I can’t”, flip that into “How can I?” Here are 6 ted talks about positive thinking and happiness.
141. Wear something tight: Ladies, get out your skinny jeans. Sweatpants are out on this one. Wearing clothes that fit good will make you feel good. Tip: Buy one outfit that is your goal size and hang it in a place that you will see often.
142. Have one “active” social outing per week: Instead of going to the movies, go to the park or take a walk in your city. Instead of having movie night and a pizza, go bowling. Here is a list of 10 tools for finding cool stuff nearby and 5 apps that will help you find things to do in your city.
I hope you found these instant weight loss tips helpful. The biggest tip is to start today
Photo by Amazing[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
The post 142 Weight Loss Tips | Instant Weight Loss Tips You Can Start Today! appeared first on Pogamat.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 26, 2017
Do you feel like you are on a mission to lose weight but simply aren’t seeing the results? If you feel that you are successfully implementing a solid exercise routine coupled with a healthy diet and still aren't seeing a change, maybe you are falling short in areas that you didn't even realize were affecting [...]
The post 5 Bedtime Habits That Can Help You Lose Weight appeared first on Pogamat.
September 11, 2017
While being disciplined enough or simply having the luxury to get yourself to the gym every day would be ideal, the odds of not missing a single gym day is very low. Perhaps you're juggling a busy work load, a full school schedule, trying to care for your family or you simply do not have [...]
The post Bodyweight Workout Benefits, Best Practices and How-Tos appeared first on Pogamat.
August 29, 2017
Picture this. You are in yoga class and the teacher guides you into a side plank pose known in Sanskrit as Vasisthasana. The class is heated and you feel the sweat pooling beneath your palm. Your supporting hand begins slipping and suddenly you feel your supporting foot beginning to slide off your yoga mat. Your back [...]
The post The Importance of Choosing a High Quality Yoga Mat appeared first on Pogamat.
Sign up to get the latest on new sales, products and more…
© 2023 Pogamat.