December 25, 2016
rocky_mountain_yoga_girl Day 3 of #pogamatyogachallenge We bring you #savasanapose
Perfect for this busy beautiful Christmas Day Grab your props, bolsters and blankets.
1. Set yourself up for success. Stretch out on your mat and be sure you’re completely comfortable. Use bolsters, pillows, blankets, and cover your eyes with an eye pillow or towel. The more comfortable you are, the more you can relax. The more relaxed you are, the more easily you can surrender. The more open you are to surrendering, the more benefits you’ll receive.
2. Take one final cleansing breath. Your teacher will likely prompt you to take one audible exhale, signaling to your body to release into the pose. This cleansing breath also sends a message to your parasympathetic nervous system that it is safe to relax and be just as you are.
3. Scan for tension. Mentally run through all the parts of your body and try to make them heavier. Be on the lookout for tension hiding in the jaw, temples, shoulders, and hips because stress likes to accumulate in these areas.
4. Then, just notice. Some days will be easier than others, and that’s part of the practice. See if you can be still, at ease, and simply trust that the breath will carry you to the next moment. Watch for those peaceful moments of quiet between the thoughts. Over time, they’ll get longer, and you’ll find more inner quiet.
5. Set an intention.Before you come out of Savasana, take a mental snapshot of how you feel on every level. Ask yourself what you’d like to take with you from your practice, and what you might like to leave behind. Seal these observations into your psyche with an inner smile, and then enjoy a deep inhale to awaken and emerge into your day. Now take a moment to notice that you feel more rested, awake, and alive than you did before.
Must be following @rocky_mountain_yoga_girl @thewovenyogi @pogamat
2. Must post Pose of the Day using #PogamatYogaChallenge
3. Must tag @pogamat
Challenge ends Dec. 25th, 8pm MST.
Happy Holidays from the Pogamat family
The post Day 3 of PogamatYogaChallenge appeared first on Pogamat.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 26, 2017
Do you feel like you are on a mission to lose weight but simply aren’t seeing the results? If you feel that you are successfully implementing a solid exercise routine coupled with a healthy diet and still aren't seeing a change, maybe you are falling short in areas that you didn't even realize were affecting [...]
The post 5 Bedtime Habits That Can Help You Lose Weight appeared first on Pogamat.
September 11, 2017
While being disciplined enough or simply having the luxury to get yourself to the gym every day would be ideal, the odds of not missing a single gym day is very low. Perhaps you're juggling a busy work load, a full school schedule, trying to care for your family or you simply do not have [...]
The post Bodyweight Workout Benefits, Best Practices and How-Tos appeared first on Pogamat.
August 29, 2017
Picture this. You are in yoga class and the teacher guides you into a side plank pose known in Sanskrit as Vasisthasana. The class is heated and you feel the sweat pooling beneath your palm. Your supporting hand begins slipping and suddenly you feel your supporting foot beginning to slide off your yoga mat. Your back [...]
The post The Importance of Choosing a High Quality Yoga Mat appeared first on Pogamat.
Sign up to get the latest on new sales, products and more…
© 2023 Pogamat.