There is a lot of opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in Denver because we have so much sunshine and beautiful weather. Why not take advantage of Mother Nature’s bounty with park workouts? If you’re one of the many people who have purchased a Pogamat you’re in luck because it is perfect for using outdoors. It works great on a number of surfaces, including grass and concrete and cleans up easily.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to lug all of your equipment into the car and carry it into the park with you; all you need is your Pogamat and the outdoors and you can do a number of effective bodyweight and cardio exercises.
- Use the jungle gym to do pull-ups and chin-ups.
- Use a park bench or picnic table for sit-ups, push-ups, chair sits, or step-ups.
- A tree makes a great base for planks; lie on your forearms, straighten your legs out behind you and walk your feet up the tree trunk until your body is parallel to the ground.
- Run the stairs if there are any.
- Jump rope or hula hoop in the green space.
- Yoga and pilates in the park on your Pogamat.
Don’t work out indoors under fluorescent lights if you don’t have too, leave that until winter time. Get outside and enjoy the added benefits of fresh air and sunshine!