If you’re short on space try these effective workouts for small spaces.
If you live in a studio apartment, door room, or other small living space you need an effective workout that doesn’t require a lot of room. Home gym equipment just isn’t an option and any small accessories you use must be easy to store and small enough to fit into what space you have available. Pogamat XL is ideal for using with workouts for small spaces; you can just roll it up and store it under your bed or in a closet. As long as you have 27 x 78 inches of space you have room for a Pogamat and can perform a number of exercises. And if you have a bit more room, a Pogamat XXL is another great option.
Check out these great workouts for small spaces. They require little to no equipment and still provide effective results.
- Yoga. This is the ultimate, low-maintenance workout for small spaces. You just need room for your Pogamat!
- Floor Barre. Based on the exercises done by ballet dancers at a barre in order to strengthen their core and improve technique and posture, this version is modified to mostly be done in a lying down position. Like yoga, all you need is your Pogamat.
- Rowing (without the machine). Use resistance bands and heavy furniture to simulate the exercise you get on a rowing machine.
- Kettlebell. Working out with a kettlebell is a great way to quickly trim and tone. It provides both cardio and strength training, burns up to 400 calories in a 20-minute session and requires very little space.
- Jumping rope. Perhaps not the best option if you have people living below you, but still one of the most easy and effective workouts for small spaces.
- Bodyweight workouts. You don’t need weights or other equipment, you use your own body to provide the resistance.