Consider an oversized yoga mat like Pogamat to maximize the benefits of your yoga practice.
Yoga mats come in a variety of sizes, but the standard is generally 68 inches long by 24 inches wide. In general this size is suitable for many people. If you’re tall or plan on maximizing your yoga practice, you may want to consider an oversized yoga mat.
Pogamat XL measures 78 inches long by 27 inches wide. This is a great size for the taller or larger than average person who doesn’t want to deal with the constant struggle of readjusting the mat and their body so they can fit properly.
Pogamat XXL is a whopping 78 inches long by 48 inches wide. It is perfect for couples yoga and other two-person workouts. Both Pogamat versions are slip resistant to keep you safe, which is especially helpful if you practice hot yoga. And at 6.5 mm they are twice as thick as most standard yoga mats, giving you added comfort and reducing impact on wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, and hips.
A few more benefits you’ll enjoy with an oversized yoga mat like Pogamat:
- Plenty of room to move freely and have a complete range of motion.
- Great for a variety of surfaces including concrete, sand and grass.
- Dense, sturdy material allows you to hold your poses longer.
- Rounded corners keep the mat from curling up – you won’t have to constantly stop and adjust.
- Perfect for a variety of workout programs including cardio, strength training, pilates, Xbox and Wii, plyometrics, P90X and other home workout DVDs.
- Portable and easy to store.